Storyboarding
Creating a storyboard was a very eye-opening experience for me and my group members, I realized how unprepared I was. I did not thing about everything so specifically like how one should, scene-by-scene shot-by-shot. I did enjoy the concept very much it was a great way to brainstorm and analyze the way you are going to carry out each scene and what angles and mise-en-scene you will need. While reading the article “Storyboard your way to success” by James Higgins my group and I (Olivia Swanson and Makayla Tackman) learned that Walt Disney was the one who invented storyboarding to speed up planning by laying everything out at once. It reduces the amount of meeting needed and lays out all aspects of a scene, with the visual aspect in the sketches and the description to explain how everything will play out. Storyboarding makes it easier to discard scenes and creates a smooth and productive planning process for films.
While making this storyboard I feel that I have exercised the problem-solving part of my brain. I feel productive and like I am learning useful skills for the future. Reading the article “Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginners guide” by O’Brien Annemaree made me I realize that storyboarding and film making can be an outlet to express artistic passion and curiosity. When doing your storyboards, you are using your creative critical thinking skills you most have good planning and preparation for it to be successful. At first, the storyboarding was stressful because of the amount of work and thought you must put in, but as my storyboard progressed, I did feel more confident in my groups storyboard and was not as overwhelmed. Overall, I have had a positive experience with creating my storyboard, I feel it is a very effective method of preparation and organized planning and was excited that at this point, no changes needed to made from my original concept.
Comments
Post a Comment